UPashion community is the web’s premier fashion sharing community. In order to create the best user experience possible, all users must agree to follow the same rules. READ AND AGREE BEFORE POSTING:
You are responsible for your use of UPashion, for any Content you post to the Services, and for any consequences thereof. The Content you submit, post, or display will be able to be viewed by other users of the Services and through third party services and websites
Uploaded content is the property of UPashion. - UPashion has NON-exclusive rights to photos and content posted and uploaded to the UPashion site. Photos posted to the UPashion community may be used in the UPashion magazine or for other UPashion uses. For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos, you specifically give us the following permission (“IP License”): you grant us an non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free license (with the right to sublicense) to use, copy, reproduce, process, adapt, modify, publish, transmit, display and distribute such Content in any and all media or distribution methods (now known or later developed).
You agree that this license includes the right for UPashion to make such Content available to other companies, organizations or individuals who partner with UPashion for the syndication, broadcast, distribution or publication of such Content on other media and services, subject to our terms and conditions for such Content use.
Such additional uses by UPashion, or other companies, organizations or individuals who partner with UPashion, may be made with no compensation paid to you with respect to the Content that you submit, post, transmit or otherwise make available through the Services.
The e-mail address you register with UPashion and the logs of your activity is used to calculate personalized recommendations as part of our service. We use this information in aggregate to generate statistics and other usage information. We may share this information anonymously with you, other end users, and other third parties.
We may modify or adapt your Content in order to transmit, display or distribute it over computer networks and in various media and/or make changes to your Content as are necessary to conform and adapt that Content to any requirements or limitations of any networks, devices, services or media.
From time to time, you may be asked to fill out a Questionnaire. Questionnaire information you fill out may be used to improve service of UPashion and other third parties.
Except for content that is already being used in the UPashion magazine, this IP License ends when you: 1. Delete your IP content or your account AND 2. Notify UPashion in writing or via email of your intent to terminate any future use of previously unused (by UPashion) Content posted by you. YOU MUST NOTIFY UPASHION IN WRITING OR VIA EMAIL THAT YOUR CONTENT OR ACCOUNT HAS BEEN DELETED IN ORDER TO TERMINATE UPASHION’S NON-EXCLUSIVE RIGHT TO USE YOUR YET UNUSED (FOR MAGAZINE PURPOSES) UPLOADED CONTENT. Uploaded content that is already being used for the magazine will continue to be the intellectual property of UPashion.
You are responsible for your use of the Services, for any Content you provide, and for any consequences thereof, including the use of your Content by other users and our third party partners. You understand that your Content may be rebroadcasted by our partners and if you do not have the right to submit Content for such use, it may subject you to liability. UPashion will not be responsible or liable for any use of your Content by UPashion in accordance with these Terms. You represent and warrant that you have all the rights, power and authority necessary to grant the rights granted herein to any Content that you submit.
Upashion gives you a personal, worldwide, royalty-free, non-assignable and non-exclusive license to use the software that is provided to you by UPashion as part of the Services. This license is for the sole purpose of enabling you to use and enjoy the benefit of the Services as provided by UPashion, in the manner permitted by these Terms.
Advertising and Links
UPashion may include advertisements, which may be targeted to the Content or information on the Services, queries made through the Services, or other information. The types and extent of advertising by UPashion are subject to change. In consideration for UPashion granting you access to and use of the Services, you agree that UPashion and its third party providers and partners may place such advertising on the Services or in connection with the display of Content or information from the Services whether submitted by you or others.
The Services may contain links to third-party websites or resources. You acknowledge and agree that UPashion and/or its representatives are not responsible or liable for: (i) the availability or accuracy of such websites or resources; or (ii) the content, products, or services on or available from such websites or resources. Links to such websites or resources do not necessarily imply any endorsement by UPashion of such websites or resources or the content, products, or services available from such websites or resources. You acknowledge sole responsibility for and assume all risk arising from your use of any such websites or resources.
Content on the Services
All Content, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, is the sole responsibility of the person who originated such Content. We may not monitor or control the Content posted via the Services and, we cannot take responsibility for such Content. Any use or reliance on any Content or materials posted via the Services or obtained by you through the Services is at your own risk.
We do not endorse, support, represent or guarantee the completeness, truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of any Content or communications posted via the Services or endorse any opinions expressed via the Services. You understand that by using the Services, you may be exposed to Content that might be offensive, harmful, inaccurate or otherwise inappropriate, or in some cases, postings that have been mislabeled or are otherwise deceptive. Under no circumstances will UPashion be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any Content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available via the Services or broadcast elsewhere.
Upashion Services are "AS-IS"
Your access to and use of UPashion or any Content posted to the site is at your own risk. You understand and agree that the Services are provided to you on an "AS IS" and "AS AVAILABLE" basis. Without limiting the foregoing, UPASHION AND ITS PARTNERS DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. We make no warranty and disclaim all responsibility and liability for the completeness, accuracy, availability, timeliness, security or reliability of the Services or any content thereon. UPashion will not be responsible or liable for any harm to your computer system, loss of data, or other harm that results from your access to or use of the Services, or any Content. You also agree that Upashion has no responsibility or liability for the deletion of, or the failure to store or to transmit, any Content and other communications maintained by the Services. We make no warranty that the Services will meet your requirements or be available on an uninterrupted, secure, or error-free basis. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained from UPashion or through the Services, will create any warranty not expressly made herein.
- All photos posted must be full-body (head-to-knee or neck-to-toe) photos. - Any photo that fails to display at least head-to-knees or neck-to-toe may be deleted.
- Outfits must be unobstructed, clearly visible and free from unnecessary distractions. - If an outfit is partially obstructed from view or not FULLY and CLEARLY visible for ANY reason (blurriness, poor lighting, subject fails to take up a significant portion of the photo) may be deleted from UPashion. Excessive photo editing in the form of skewing, stretching, colorizing, or adding gratuitous text is prohibited.
- No nudity, sexual, or objectionable content. - Nudity of any kind is not allowed. Photos or content with sexual or otherwise objectionable poses or material will be removed at the moderator’s discretion. Whether a photo or posted content contains nudity, is sexual in nature, or is objectionable will be determined exclusively by the opinion of the site moderator. Such material will be removed. The user who posted the material may also be banned from the UPashion community.
- No more than one look per photo. - Photos that display multiple people or multiple outfits for any reason may be removed.
- All photos must be of you. - By posting a photograph, you promise that YOU are the person in the photograph. Only photos of yourself are allowed. Photos of strangers, friends, models, people you styled, etc. may be removed.
- Include one or two full-body photos with up to 5 detail shots as either a collage or separate images. Check out the posts of UPashion members to get an idea of typical submissions.
- DO NOT post photos that don’t belong to you. - Impersonators and users who post photos they do not own the rights to will be immediately banned from the community. If you are not sure whether you have legal rights to post a photograph, please contact the site administrator or your personal attorney before posting. By posting, you agree to the rules of the UPashion community and your postings may be used in whatever way UPashion determines.
- Do not use group photos - UPashion posts are limited to one person/outfit per submission, and photos with multiple people or separate outfits may be removed.
- We do our best to keep UPashion safe, but we cannot guarantee it. We need your help to do that, which includes the following commitments:
- You will not send or otherwise post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam) on UPashion.
- You will not collect users' content or information, or otherwise access UPashion, using automated means without our permission.
- You will not engage in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid scheme, on UPashion.
- You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
- You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
- You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user.
- You will not post content that: is hateful, threatening, or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
- You will not develop or operate a third-party application containing alcohol-related or other mature content (including advertisements) without appropriate age-based restrictions.
- You will not use UPashion to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
- You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working of UPashion, such as a denial of service attack.
- You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Statement.
- Registration and Account Security
UPashion users may provide their real names and information, and we need your help to keep it that way. Here are some commitments you make to us relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account:
- You will not provide any false personal information on UPashion, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission.
- You will not create more than one personal profile.
- If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission.
- You will not use your personal profile for your own commercial gain (such as selling your status update to an advertiser).
- You will not use UPashion if you are under 13. You may upload pictures if you over 13 and under 18, but your pictures may not be used for the magazine. Please contact UPashion if you are under 18 and believe your picture has been erroneously placed in the UPashion magazine.
- You will not use UPashion if you are a convicted sex offender.
- You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
- You will not share your password, (or in the case of developers, your secret key), let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
- You will not transfer your account (including any page or application you administer) to anyone without first getting our written permission.
- If you select a username for your account we reserve the right to remove or reclaim it if we believe appropriate (such as when a trademark owner complains about a username that does not closely relate to a user's actual name)
- You are responsible for safeguarding the password that you use to access UPashion and for any activities or actions under your password. We encourage you to use "strong" passwords (passwords that use a combination of upper and lower case letters, numbers and symbols) with your account. UPashion is not liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to protect your password.
- Protecting Other People's Rights
We respect other people's rights, and expect you to do the same.
- You will not post content or take any action on UPashion that infringes or violates someone else's rights or otherwise violates the law.
- We can remove any content or information you post on UPashion if we believe that it violates this Statement.
- If we remove your content for infringing someone else's copyright, and you believe we removed it by mistake, we will provide you with an opportunity to appeal.
- If you repeatedly infringe other people's intellectual property rights, we will disable your account when appropriate.
- You will not use our copyrights, trademarks, or other writings or symbols identifiable as the UPashion brand or magazine without written consent from UPashion.
- You will not post anyone's identification documents or sensitive financial information on UPashion.
- You will not tag users or send email invitations to non-users without their consent.